Our Transportation Department’s main priority is to ensure the safe travel of all Shoshoni School students. Our drivers are certified by the state and hold a Commercial Driver’s License. They are trained to follow all state regulations and traffic laws.
Riding the bus is a privilege, not a right. When riding the bus, we expect our students to comply with basic rules of safety. Bus rules include but are not limited to the following:
- Be at your pickup point five (5) minutes before pickup time.
- Follow all school rules, just as in the classroom, and the directions of the bus driver.
- Respect the bus as school property; keep the bus clean, and do not be destructive.
- We do not allow food, gum, and drinks on the bus.
- Students must remain seated and facing forward when the bus is moving.
- The aisle must remain clear of obstacles.
- No unacceptable language, loud talking, pushing, shoving, or fighting.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- We do not allow scooters and/or skateboards on the buses.
Activity buses run Monday through Thursday at 5:45 p.m. Students in school-sponsored activities, including study lab, after-school detention, or other school-approved activities, may ride the activity bus.